Every month we tend to hear of yet another break-in. Whether it’s a small van belonging to your neighbour, a local business and it’s equipment or even a home belonging to your family and friends. Unfortunately, this type of crime is not uncommon.
As our Locksmith business runs on keeping the bad guys out, we have to keep on top of the latest scams and ways we hear people are losing their belongings. We have compiled a list of things you can start doing immediately, with your safety in mind.
Don’t forget to share these amongst your family and friends, to help them avoid any future issues that may arise.
- Always have a Locksmith on speed dial. In a worst case situation, you will need someone you can trust and you know will offer fair pricing. Don’t let someone take advantage of a bad day.
- Always ask for identification. Any Locksmith who is not willing to show ID isn’t worth the time. We are aware that entering homes and businesses on a daily basis is a huge moment for most. Don’t get caught letting the wrong person in!
- Avoid extremely low or below average quotes. We always go by the famous saying, “If something is too good to be true, it probably is!”.
- Drilling and replacement of locks are not always necessary. An experienced Locksmith can usually gain access to any door, so if you have simply lost your keys or are locked out, drilling will never be needed. If your Locksmith says it is, double check and play it safe!
- Always check reviews. You can usually spot fake reviews from a mile off, so check online that the company name you have been dealing with has a great reputation before agreeing to any work.
If you ever find yourself running into trouble and encounter threats or unreasonable behaviour, call the police immediately.
We hope this helps at least one person out there. If you are on the lookout for a reputable and legitimate locksmith in Cheltenham, feel free to give us a call.
Secure Locksmiths of Cheltenham.